I often find inspiration and get creative ideas from a handful of other blogs that I follow, and The Prudent Homemaker is one of my very favorites! Brandy’s list of her goals for February, and the way she has them broken down into areas like Garden, Home, Blog, etc encouraged me to try this out for myself in hopes of making me more productive.
This time of year is a bit rainy or winter precipitation with cold weather and gloomy skies here in southern Missouri so I need some motivation and inspiration to focus on lovely and productive tasks to help fight off the effects of the gloomy weather.
Although February is close to being half over, I am going to gather a few goals I’d like to achieve with the remaining time in the month. To paraphrase an old Chinese proverb:
“The best time to start was yesterday. The next best time is now.”
- Start seeds inside
- Move compost bin
- Add two repurposed bins as new beds
- Ask Joe about adding more wooden beds around perimeter of garden fence
- Research and decide if putting down mulch or gravel around garden beds
- Ask neighbors for donation of 3 more tires for new garden beds
- Deep clean Katie’s room when she moves out
- Plan updates to closet in that room and possibly get started
- Take starts of vining plants to give away
- Make list of supplies needed for making candles and possibly make them
- Watch YouTube lessons on picking yarn for knitting dishcloths and possibly order/purchase the yarn
- Purchase a planner and get it updated to start using
- Add cleaning routines into planner
- Update notebook and binder I have been using to consolidate to using minimal, simpler routine
- Update the tracking logs
- Set up next set of lesson plans
- Gather questions for emailing to the high school program we are considering and possibly send it
- Help Katie get ready to move
- Have a movie night with family
- Celebrate Valentines’ Day simply and sweetly
I will stop there as I tend to love the planning and then fall short on the follow through! But I will plan to post an update to this to help hold myself accountable for following through as well as I can.
What are your plans for February or what do you hope to accomplish or focus on?