Disclosure: There are some affiliate links below, but these are all products/services I highly recommend. I won’t put anything on this page that I haven’t verified and/or personally used.
What is Frankincense?
Frankincense essential oil is steam distilled from the resin of Boswellia trees from three regions in Africa. It is considered the King of Oils due to the diversity of uses and health promoting compounds.
Just as in its treasured past, Frankincense oil is highly valued in the doTERRA community and continues to be one of the most popular essential oils. In ancient times, Frankincense was used during religious ceremonies for salves for soothing skin and perfume. The perfume or aroma that Frankincense emits promotes feelings of satisfaction, peace, relaxation, and overall wellness, which explains its unique value in ancient times.
I use dōTERRA Frankincense essential oil every day with a drop under my tongue to promote healthy cellular activity. (You could also put it in a veggie capsule and take it that way!) Another way I use Frankincense is in an essential oil protocol I’m following for multiple sclerosis that involves a combination of different oils applied to the spine, brain stem, across the back and on the bottoms of my feet.
Frankincense essential oil is known to help with
- Healthy cellular function
- Promoting relaxation and balancing mood
- Boosting the immune and respiratory systems
- Supporting smooth and healthy skin
Now you can see why it’s considered the King! It truly is a powerhouse essential oil and deserves a star spot in your home oil collection.
How to Use This Oil
1. Feeling stressed? Frankincense can help with that! The chemical components of Frankincense result in an extremely powerful aroma that can help to dispel negative feelings—like stress. If you are feeling like the pressures of life are weighing down your mood, apply Frankincense to the bottom of your feet. The soothing sensation and aroma will promote feelings of relaxation and a balanced mood.
2. Take Frankincense internally, either by applying a drop under your tongue or adding a drop in a veggie capsule and swallowing to promote healthy cellular function from the inside out.
3. Add a drop to your daily facial moisturizer to promote healthy, clear skin.
If you’re ready to try Frankincense, you can purchase it here.
To learn more about the details of essential oil application, you can read here. If you have any questions about essential oils, their uses, or the doTERRA company, I invite you to comment below! You can also see and purchase the complete doTERRA product line here.
I would love to talk with you one-on-one about natural solutions and offer you a free sample and booklet! Just fill out this short form, and we’ll be all set!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.